Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Tired

A week after my final surgery, I am feeling sore but most of all TIRED.  Will I see a resurgence in energy at some point?  I hope so and wait impatiently for that day.  I have less of a desire to do every day things.  Trying to decide if priorities have changed and some things just aren't as important to me as they used to be?  (Cleaning house for example,) I feel like I do much less during the course of a day.  Other things are more important.  I have started taking an hour for personal scripture/religious studies along with my personal prayers each day. I am doing it first thing in the morning in an effort to show Heavenly Father that He and the Savior are more important than other daily activities.  I am taking a new interest in cooking meals.  I have felt such a sense of satisfaction at gathering my family around the table and feeding them meals that they love.  I have started trying one new recipe each week in the hopes that I can keep the family anticipating and looking forward to my home cooking.  It is a way for me to continue to nurture and care for them.  Had a nice moment with Jamison and Sophie tonight.  We were just sitting around the family room talking and I told them how much I loved them and how happy I was that a year after my diagnosis I was still here with them.  They are a year older and further along in their lives and I count it a great blessing to still be here with them, watching them as they grow and mature in this life.  It was such a warm, sweet moment!  I hope to have many more of those!

Michelle Sullivan stopped by with some banana bread and words of encouragement.  So kind.  I have got to get that recipe!  Our Ward family took care of us once again and brought meals in for the first 4 evenings after surgery.  So wonderful, what a blessing they have been and continue to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment