Thursday, February 5, 2015

Last day of Chemo!


Here I am ringing "the bell," on my way out of the infusion room.  It's a lot smaller than the Liberty Bell but I feel "Free at last!"  5 months of chemo....DONE!!  Thank you to everyone who has been saying prayers for me.  Surprisingly, my chemo experience has been pretty good and I attribute much of that to all of the prayers.  The power of prayer is real .  

I only got sick, twice on the adriamycin and cytoxin.  The last 3 months, I have tolerated the taxol with very few side effects.  Those side effects have been bearable.  Slight neuropathy in my thumbs, with the nail peeling away from the nail bed.  Strange looking but not painful.  A little neuropathy on the bottom of my right foot, again, very mild.  The steroids they gave me as a pre-med stimulated my appetite so I have had a huge appetite and insomnia the night of the chemo treatment.  Last but certainly not least (according to my family!) I have become a perpetual gas cloud moving about the house!  I emit strange noises and strange smells on a fairly regular basis!  That and hot flashes have been the most irritating.  I have been pretty tired as well, sleeping in until 10 am every morning and taking lots of naps.  So, not too shabby!  Still well enough to make it to most of the kids games/activities and church on Sunday.  Both of those were very important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment