Tuesday, October 21, 2014

The Robe by Mercy River

Yesterday I had a moment.  Round 3 of chemo has been rough and I spent the last 3 days in bed.  I was contemplating my mortality.  Will I get through this?  If I do, will the cancer come back again in a different area of my body?  What would I do?  How would I react, etc. etc.  I think these thought processes are natural given the circumstances.  Yes, I know, I am only Stage 2b but when you are sicker than sick, your thoughts can wander.

A song came on the radio.  The Robe by Mercy River.  It resounded with me in that moment and gave me a sense of calm and peace.

Faithful woman reached through
the crowd
And her hands gently touched
Your robe
And You through Your grace
made her whole
And now my broken body is
fading fast
And like her I'm searching
through the crowds
Desperate to find you somehow

And I'm reaching for that robe
I know that You can make me
whole
But if its not meant to be that way
If I can't stay
Then just wrap me in that robe
and hold me when I go

If you call me home to You
Please help those who love me understand
We are still held together by Your
hands

I'm reaching for that robe
I know that You can make me
whole

Beautiful, beautiful song.  Rescued me in a low moment.


1 comment:

  1. Prayers with lots of love and (((hugs))) your way! Thank you for sharing your journey and courage!

    ReplyDelete