Thursday, November 13, 2014

Self care Just got more Complicated

Doing my exercises to help combat neuropathy.


Yesterday, Wednesday, was my first treatment of  Paclitaxol.  I have 11 more once a week for the next 11 weeks.  That is assuming that there are no complications.  So..all my prayer warriors, please pray that my body will be able to tolerate the Taxol and that I will be able strong enough to see this treatment through to completion.  I would like to stay on track with these treatments and be done as soon as possible!

Common side effects:
~Low blood counts.  White and red blood cells and platelets may temporarily decrease.
~Hair loss.  I still have my eyebrows and eyelashes but I am told it is more than likely that they will go with these treaments.
~Arthralgias & myalgias, pain in the joint and muscles.
~Peripheral neuropathy.  Numbness and tingling of the hands and feet.
~Nausea and vomiting.
~Diarrhea.
~Mouth sores.

I could experience all, some, or none of these side effects with Taxol.  We just have to wait and see.  So far, between surgery and AC chemo, I have experienced everything but vomiting and neuropathy.  Which means I feel somewhat prepared or have an idea of what to expect having experienced many of these symptoms already.  Up until now, they have been bearable and I pray that may continue to be the case.


No comments:

Post a Comment