Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Bring on the Wigs!!

Sophie and Jamison goofing around in my new wigs!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  I know it has been a bit since I wrote and I apologize, don't want you to worry when I am not posting.  I have had two chemo treatments of a different drug called Taxol.  So far the side effects have been much easier to bear than the initial 4 treatments.  Thank Goodness!  The one I seem to deal with the most is fatigue so I sleep a lot!  That and and some diarrhea but nothing Imodium AD can't handle!  10 more treatments to go.  I am taking this week off since my Dad and step-mom are coming to town .

Our neighbor and cancer buddy Glen Gunter talked me into trying out some wigs which I had absolutely no interest in to begin with.  Once I started trying them on, I felt normal-looking for the first time since I lost my hair.  A couple of days prior to the wig-try-on, I had told my husband that when I look in the mirror, I hardly recognize myself anymore.  There was some sadness about that.  

When I wear the wigs, I notice that I no longer get stares!  People constantly compliment me on my new hair style not realizing they are wigs.  It's great!  So I have decided to embrace it all and have fun with all the different kinds of fashions for the head!  Wigs, wraps, beanies.  Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment