Friday, August 15, 2014

Information Overload

Hello Everyone, I just wanted to let you all know that last week, I was diagnosed with........breast cancer. Triple negative breast cancer to be exact. I had a tumor in my right breast and they found it in a lymph-node in my right arm pit as well. I had surgery today to remove the tumor and once the surgeon was in, he found that he needed to remove all of the lymph-nodes on my right side. As I am adopted and my biological family history is unknown (plus the triple negative status), I will have some genetic testing next week to see if I test positive for a gene mutation. If so, I will have to undergo a by-lateral mastectomy. Regardless, I will have to do chemotherapy followed by radiation beginning one month after my surgery. As our 18 year old son Vincent put it, "That came out of nowhere." I went in for my annual mammogram (and that is when they found it.). I had my mammogram last year and the cancer was not there. So.....all my girl-friends, if you are 40 or over, please, please, please, stay current on your mammograms!!!! My husband, children, and I are surrounded by loving, and hugely supportive family and friends. You all are such a blessing to us at this time. I feel power, strength, and peace, from your prayers, kindness, thoughts, positive energy and service to us. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I thought of the words from the Hymn, "The Lord is My Shepherd." In the midst of affliction, My table is spread, With blessings unmeasured, My cup overfloweth. I find hope and peace in one my favorite scriptures, "I can do all things with Christ." I truly feel the enabling power of His Atonement in my life right now. It is very real, He is very real, and I am so grateful to have Him with me in this journey. I love you all, so very much. "Go Team Enfield!"

No comments:

Post a Comment