Friday, August 22, 2014

Bucket of Sunshine and other acts of Service

Yesterday was quite a day of  service.  See that gleam on my counter tops?  14 different ladies of all ages, cleaned our house from top to bottom in preparation for Vince's mission farewell on Sunday.  Our house has never looked better, thanks to all those who organized and helped out.  It was great to visit with and get caught up with many of  you!

Had some friends drop off a "bucket of sunshine," containing all things yellow and some uplifting thoughts sandwiched between treats.  One of my favorite quotes?  "When life hands you lemons.....toss them back and DEMAND CHOCOLATE!"  Advice I plan to take from time to time on this journey.

Great news delivered by Jim Clarke and my surgeon Dr. Wintch......pathology reports came back from the surgery and there are "clear margins" which is medical speak for, "we got all the cancer the first time around and don't have to operate a second time to get more."!!!!!!!!!!!!  Phewww, sooo
relieved to hear that.  I struggled between hoping or assuming-the-worst-so-I-wouldn't-be- disappointed regarding that particular outcome.

Met the lovely Deb Christensen who is the Oncology Nurse Navigator for Dixie Regional Medical Center.  She had lots of timely information regarding the upcoming chemotherapy.  I believe I begin approx 3 weeks from now.  It will be a cycle of 8 visits spread over 16 weeks.  Once every 2 weeks.  In the mean time, I will need to have a MUGA scan (which evaluates my heart), and a port for the chemo surgically implanted in my chest.  They are very concerned about helping me achieve the quality of life I hope to have during chemo not just after.  Both John and I came away from that meeting with good feelings and lots of questions answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment