Monday, September 22, 2014

Chemo Fog

Day 5 after my first chemo treatment.  I think my body is starting to work its way out of "chemo fog."  My word for the side effects and symptoms associated with chemo.  I didn't have to take a Claritin to help ward off the body aches brought on by the Neulasta shot.  Haven't needed to take anti-nausea meds either.  Felt well enough to get on my road bike!!!  
Went for a short but beautiful ride.  The weather is just gorgeous.  A little bit of cool in the air, sun in the skies.  I didn't time myself at all or keep track of mileage.  This ride was all about pure enjoyment.  The fact that I felt well enough to ride... that's all.
Funny moments with chemo fog:  I shaved one leg and completely forgot to shave the other!  Start a task like emptying the dishwasher, get distracted and forget to do the rest.  Often ask John the same thing more than once.  Well, it is what it is.  If I can do this well all through chemo, I will count it a great blessing.  Thanks for the prayers and positive thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Shanda! I hope you continue to feel a little better each day! I'm afraid that I suffer from the chemo fog without having to actually go through awful chemo. Everything only seems to get half down around here:) Hang in there! Prayers continue to be sent your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I had symptoms of "chemo fog" before treatment, it's just at a whole new level now!

      Delete