Friday, September 12, 2014

Port Implantation




Picture #1.  This little beauty is called a Bard Power Port.  It was surgically implanted in my chest on the left side about an inch or two below my collarbone.  Thus Picture # 2.  I chose to have sedation called Twilight Sleep instead of having general anesthesia.  I remember much of the procedure.  The radiologist talking me through things, but I was too relaxed to really care.  Not so by evening!  Yeowza!  Lots of  swelling and bruising that has continued in to today.  Spent much of last night and today icing it.  I don't think my body likes having stuff embedded in my skin (whether a doctor puts it there or not).  Thus Picture #3.

Time for one of those yummy casseroles from the freezer.  Spaghetti casserole to be exact, Yum! I will be asking for that recipe!

The port is implanted so that they can just hook me up to the IV and start downloading the chemo.  It will take 3 hours each session, once every two weeks.



No comments:

Post a Comment