Thursday, September 4, 2014

Cloches!

So, yesterday John and I met with my chemotherapy oncologist, Dr. Haslam.  Treatment plan involves Adriamycin/ cytoxan IV, once every 2 weeks,  4 times.  Then I will have Paclitaxel (taxol) through IV for 12 weeks, once a week.  So......20 weeks of chemo.  Wow!  More than I thought.

Possible side effects: hair loss, nausea, neuropathy, decreased heart function, fatigue.  Heavy duty stuff.  To Do List:  have portacath surgically implanted in my chest so they can just plug me in to the IV.  Better than getting poked with a needle every single time.  A MUGA scan of my heart.  A class with Deb the nurse oncologist entitled Chemo 101 to help me better understand all the meds I will be taking.  Picked up three anti-nausea meds on the way home.  Start date for Chemo: September 17th, IF my drainage port has been removed by then.

My friend Shannon (breast cancer survivor) came over for a visit today bearing three lovely cloches! Fun story about the one in the middle.  Last November, I accompanied John on a business trip to Las Vegas.  We stayed at the lovely Venetian and I found a fabulous hat store.  I saw a hat just like the one in the middle.  When I went back the next day to buy it, it was gone.  Boo Hoo!  Who knew it would show up on my doorstep several months later?!

No comments:

Post a Comment